Type: Yellow Turmeric
Plant Part Used: root
Appearance: Bright yellow colour
Aroma: Pungent scent.
How To Keep & Store Your Turmeric
- Store in a sealed container in a cool, dark place.
Uses Of Turmeric
Turmeric has been and can be used in different ways for both dietary and non-dietary purposes. Here are some of the most popular ways people use turmeric:
- It is used as a spice to add flavour and colour to your dishes
- it is used as medicine to treat and prevent various diseases including heart diseases, cancer, brain diseases and so on.
- It is used in making dye to colour fabrics.
- it can be Infused in oil for use in soaps, ointments and salves
- it is used as a commercial flavouring and colouring agent by the food industry.
And much much more.
Health Benefits Of Turmeric
- Could block and might even treat certain types of cancers
- Can help to manage diabetes
- Fights excess body fat
- Relieves arthritis (Might even outperform common arthritis medicines)
- Might slow or prevent blood clots
- Reduces depression symptoms
- Combats inflammation
- Enhance skin health
- Reduce the effect of ageing
- Supports management of inflammatory bowel disease
- Might help regulate cholesterol
- Can function as a natural pain reliever
- Assist in detoxification
And more yet to be discovered..
Turmeric Nutritional Facts
According to the National Nutrient Database of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), one tablespoon (tbsp) of turmeric powder contains:
- Calories: 29 calories (kcal)
- Protein: 0.91 grams (g)
- Fat: 0.31 grams (g)
- Carbohydrates: 6.31 grams (g)
- Fibre: 2.1 g grams (g)
- Sugar: 0.3 grams (g)
- Manganese: 0.5 milligrams (26 % of RDI)
- Iron: 2.8 milligrams (16 % of RDI)
- potassium: 170 milligrams (5 % of RDI)
- vitamin C: 1.7 milligrams (3% of RDI)
- Vitamin B6: 0.1 milligrams (6 % RDI)
- Magnesium: 13 milligrams (3% RDI)
Turmeric also contains a minute amount of vitamin K, vitamin E, copper, niacin, calcium, folate, zinc and phosphorus.
NB: RDI means Recommended Dietary Intake. And note the RDI values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This is where to buy turmeric powder in Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan, Port Harcourt or where to buy turmeric in Nigeria in general. And get it delivered as fast as humanly possible.